Angiography is a type of X-ray used to check blood vessels.
Blood vessels do not show clearly on a normal X-ray, so a special dye needs to be injected into your blood first.
This highlights your blood vessels, allowing your doctor to see any problems.
The X-ray images created during angiography are called angiograms.
Angiography is used to check the health of your blood vessels and how blood flows through them.
It can help to diagnose or investigate several problems affecting blood vessels, including:
- atherosclerosis – narrowing of the arteries, which could mean you’re at risk of having a stroke or heart attack
- peripheral arterial disease – reduced blood supply to the leg muscles
- a brain aneurysm – a bulge in a blood vessel in your brain
- angina – chest pain caused by reduced blood flow to the heart muscles
- blood clots or a pulmonary embolism – a blockage in the artery supplying your lungs
- a blockage in the blood supply to your kidneys
Angiography may also be used to help plan treatment for some of these conditions.
Dr. Akhilesh Jain is One of the Best Heart Specialists in Indore to Examine & Provide Proper Treatment within a Limited Amount of Time.